The Parsons District Imagine No Malaria 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament was a great success. We had 17 teams entered from seven different churches in the district. Most teams brought along their own “cheering” spectators who supported them in their games.
The tournament raised $862.13 for Imagine No Malaria from team registrations, gate proceeds, and donations.
The District Youth raised $150 from their concession stand of which they donated 10% to the Imagine No Malaria. The remainder of their proceeds will fund District Youth Events.
A big thank you to Jason Kearns, who came up with the idea and saw it through to the very end. Thanks also to all in the District who helped leading up to and the day of the Tournament. It would not have been such a success without the support of others.
The winners were:
- 1st Place- Howard UMC ‘Yotes
- 2nd Place-Erie Federated #2
- 3rd Place-Erie Federated #3
- 4th Place Frontenac UMC Confirmands
- 1st Place- Chanute Otterbein “Guys”
- 2nd Place-Nighthawks (A team of Labette County Community College students)
- 3rd Place- Hamilton Chapel UMC Celtics
- 4th Place- Team Spencer (A team of Labette County Community College students)